Kaas Plateau Thoseghar Waterfall 2017
About Kaas Plateau:
Kaas Plateau is known as Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers. Kaas Plateau is situated on the high hills of Sahyadri in the Western Ghats. It is the best place to visit in the monsoon, from the mid of August to October. The whole plateau looks like a carpet in various shades. It's a unique place for flora researchers, nature lovers & photographers. Near about 175 various flower species found at Kaas Plateau and one of the few found on earth only at Kaas Plateau. In June 2012, UNESCO has announced this location as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
The plateau is home to 850 species of flowering plants, of which 624 have entered the Red Data Book, a state document that lists species whose existence is threatened. As many as 39 species are found only in Kaas region. Some of the rare species found here include Dipcadi montanum, Ceropegia vincaefolia, Pleocaulus ritchiei and Drosera burmanii. This is also the reason why the place is popular with nature lovers, flora researchers and also photographers.
Tour is ideal for People who are interested in Macro Photography and Landscape Photography and Flora and Fauna and Wildflowers. We can assists in arranging for Macro lenses for your DSLR camera (charges extra).
Batches For Kaas Plateau 2017
- Registration is closed for 21st 22nd October 2017
- 28th 29th October 2017
Day 1: Saturday Night
11:00 pm: Meeting point at Pritam Hotel Dadar East.
Central pick up points Chembur - Vashi - Nerul - Kalamboli McDonalds on the highway only.
Day 2: Sunday
05:00 Reach Satara, have breakfast
07:00 Reach Kaas Plateau. Sight Seeing – Photography – Valley exploration.
11:00 Travel to Kaas Lake
11:30 Departure from Kaas Lake
14:30 Thoseghar Waterfall
15:30 Departure for Mumbai
23:00 Reach Mumbai Approx (Subjective)
- Travel by a Non-AC bus 40 Seater 2 X 2 from Dadar to Kaas Plateau Satara and back till Dadar.
- Veg Breakfast, Veg Lunch.
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Treks and Trails India charges.
- Seats will be reserved on first come 1st basis.
- Anything not includes above.
How to Register
Batches For Kaas Plateau 2017
Registration is closed for 21st 22nd October 2017
28th 29th October 2017
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 2200/- per person
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification
- Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- ·Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to Carry:
- A Water Bottle (2-3 Litres).
- Torch with Extra batteries.
- Cap, Rain cheater (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet.
- Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional).
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments.
- Electoral or Glucon D powder.
- Ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
- Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes, Polythene bag for your garbage, 2 - 3 bunch of papers (Optional).
- Wear Good trekking shoes.
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.).
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that your hands are free while trekking.
Event Risk Profile:
- Heavy rains are expected so please double pack your valuables to save them from getting wet.
- Wear good trekking shoes.
- Due to the monsoon season and various rock patches in this route, we recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking.
- Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky.
- For all these events, you are at your own risk.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition.
- Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
- Wild flowering is a natural phenomena and cannot be guaranteed.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Proper footwear is essential for this trek. As trekking with a weak shoe sole is best avoided.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact. Send a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops/skirt, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Wear comfortable clothes like track pants and t-shirts. Avoid wear jeans pants.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags on treks.
Will we see flowers ?
Flowering at Kaas Plateau is natural phenomenon lot of factors determine good flowering year you can google #kaasplateau for updated images to check flowering in 2017
Toilet Facility ?
Kaas Plateau does not have toilets. Toilets will be available when we stop for breakfast and lunch.
Morning we would using public toilet at bus depot as we reach around 4 am and hotels are closed.
Restaurants have basic toilets
Food Preference ?
Veg Food will provided during the journey .. Food provided is simple and nutritious
Will we be camping ?
I want to do macro photography ?
Kaas is perfect for macro photography. Things required Macro lens / Flash / Incase you dont have macro lens youtube Reverse Lens Macro Photography or Extension Tubes
Will it Rain ?
Yes it rains quite a lot at Kaas do carry your umbrella
Changing Facility ?
There is no proper changing rooms available on this tour we will try to accomodate your request.
What can i see at Kaas other than flowers ?
Kaas has beautiful climate during monsoon Bamnoli lake below Kas Pathar is perfect to sit and relax we will try to show you maximum flowers possible
Thoseghar Waterfall is around 2 hours away from Kaas Plateau we can visit this majestic waterfall if time permits
Chalkewadi Windmill Farms ?
Windmill farms is near Thoseghar waterfall can be seen easily.
Will we visit Sajjangad Fort ?
We will pass by Sajjangad Fort on our way to Thoseghar due to time limitation we wont be able to visit. To completely explore many forts around Satara we would need 2 - 3 days .
Due to Increased Visitor Traffic at Kaas Plateau and Bad Highway Conditions return timings deadline can be missed. We have reached at 12.30 am to 2 am at Dadar this season.
Participant will have to bear travel expense by UBER / OLA from Dadar onwards incase we reach late.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page -https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
kaas plateau best time to visit 2017 ?
Kas Pathar has flower throughout the years, After monsoon ideally is best time during september and early october.
Kaas plateau in june during monsoon ?
Kaas plateau in June during monsoon is covered in Fog with high speed winds and heavy rains
Places to visit near kaas plateau ?
- Thoseghar Waterfall
- Ajinkyatara Fort
- Kalyangad Fort / Nandgiri Fort
- Sajjangad Fort
- Vasota Fort
- Nageshwar Caves
- Shivsagar Lake
- Pratapgad Fort
- Shivsagar Lake
- Dholya Ganapati
- Mahableshwar and Panchgani
- Vajrai Waterfall
- Kaas Lake
Kaas plateau visit booking?
You can visit government website and reserve your pass - https://www.kas.ind.in/
Kaas plateau distance pune ?
136 km - 3 hours drive
Kaas plateau distance mumbai ?
280 km - 6 hours drive
Kaas plateau distance from Mahableshwar?
40 km - 2 hours drive
Kaas plateau map ?
Best time to visit kas pathar ?
During the monsoon (June to early-sep) It is flower season in Kas Pathar Flowers are found through out the year, not particularly affected by changing seasons. But Monsoon over here is best time for flowers.
Kaas plateau season ?
You can find flowers throughout the year, monsoon is best time for flowers.
kaas plateau tours from mumbai ?
kaas plateau tours from pune
How to reach kaas plateau from mumbai by train ?
You can board any train going upto Satara Railway Station, Many connecting bus till Satara bus depot are available or you can hire rickshaw, After that you can board state transport buses going towards kaas plateau or Bamnoli village. Please note during peak season Satara to Kaas Plateau Road has very heavy traffic try to visit on weekdays.