Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping 2017
Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Batch April 2017 and May 2017
- 22nd 23rd April 2017
- 29th 30th April 2017
- 6th 7th May 2017
- 13th 14th May 2017
- 20th 21st May 2017
- 27th 28th May 2017
Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping Event Details
Region - Igatpuri
Contribution - Rs 1800
Assembly - Kasara railway station
Duration - 2 days and 2 nights
Sandhan Valley Trek Itinerary
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Friday.
Kasara Train timing as below:
Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
Board local train till Kasara.
Day: 1 - Saturday
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
05:30 Reach base village by local transport
07:00 Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Evening tea & snacks.
20:30 Dinner & Night Stay tented
Day: 2 - Sunday
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast
08:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
12:30 Reach Dehne village.
14:30 Start travel from Dehne village to Asangaon
16:30 Disperse at Asangaon railway station.
- Transportation from Kasara – Sandhan Valley – Dehne – Asangaon by local Transport
- Day 1 - 1 veg breakfast, evening tea, and 1 veg dinner.
- Day 2 – 1 veg breakfast.
- Equipment, expertise, guide charges and TreksandTrails charges if any.
- Tent stay on saturday night.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered etc.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Lunch for Sunday is excluded.
How to Register
Batches for Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping for April and May 2017
22nd 23rd April 2017 - Buy Tickets -
29th 30th April 2017 - Buy Tickets -
6th 7th May 2017 - Buy Tickets -
13th 14th May 2017 - Buy Tickets -
20th 21st May 2017 - Buy Tickets -
27th 28th May 2017 - Buy Tickets -
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1800.00 per person in the given a/c
- State Bank of India
- Account No: 32248535175
- Account Holder Name: Mr. Rajesh Mhaddalkar
- Account: Savings
- IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
For any queries please call or email or whatsapp
Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
Treks and Trails 9619095743
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to Carry - Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water 3 liters.
- One extra pair of clothes, sweater.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional) - Get Dry Bag
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Sleeping bag, carry matt. ( Sleeping bag available on rent on availability )
- Personal medicines. Sweaters if required.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Wear good trekking shoes
- Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
- Torch with extra batteries - Compulsory
- Bed sheets, please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Personal Medicine and First Aid.
Treks and Trails rules for this trek
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Playing Loud Music not allowed
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the event without prior notice.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please avoid wearing gold and other jewellery (at own risk).
Medical Disclosures and Event Risk Profile
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Wear good trekking shoes. Take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page -https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai